It’s been over a week since Easter and you still have a bag of random candy visited somewhere you think nobody can hear you when you crack into those wrappers. With every crinkle is a little bit of regret. Meanwhile, you stare into the bag wondering when the hell you will ever reach the bottom. We here at Endless Simmer are problem solvers. Which is why we bring you Easter Candy Cookies. Take whatever easter candy you have (minus jelly beans) and throw them into these suckers. You won’t regret it.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 sticks room temperature butter
- 12 tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Your remaining chocolate Easter candies CHOPPED
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Blend butter, sugars, and add eggs and vanilla until mixed
- Gradually mix in dry ingredients – do not overmix
- Stir in the candy
- Bake on cookie sheet fro 8-10 minutes
We didn’t bake all of the dough at once – it will freeze well and bake it whenever you have a hankering for a warm cookie.