Dark Chocolate Orange Biscotti
Cookies are good. Yes, I enjoy cookies. When Christmas ended, I was at least happy to know that there were leftover cookies in the freezer. But that time has ended. No more Christmas cookies. Sad, I know. However, there is hope. For a long time, we would get individually wrapped biscotti in bulk for the ride to work. They were good. But then my wife starting MAKING biscotti. I will never buy individually wrapped biscotti from a big box store again. Biscotti baking is not complicated – just follow the damn directions!
Wifey can make vanilla bean biscotti, chocolate, chocolate macadamia nut, the list goes on. One of my favorites is what I bring to you: Dark Chocolate Orange Biscotti. Subtle hints of orange come through in the actual biscotti, all then dipped in a smooth layer of dark chocolate. What’s not to like?
- 2.5 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp orange zest (1 orange)
- 2 tbsp orange juice (1 orange)
- 2 egs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- dark chocolate melting chocolates
*Pre-heat oven to 325
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat together butter, sugar, and orange zest. Add in orange juice, eggs, and vanilla while continuing to BEAT IT.
- Add dry ingredients until combined.
- Split dough in half and form 2 long and flat logs.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let cool for about 10 minutes
- Turn the oven down to 300.
- Cut them into biscotti-looking strips at a diagonal.
- Bake at 300 for 30-35 minutes.
- Dip the suckers into melted dark chocolate to your liking.
Warning: imagejpeg(/home/endless6/public_html/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/DSC_0173-268x250.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/endless6/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-image-editor.php on line 425