S’more Than You Can Handle
Sometimes life gets too busy for dessert. You’re playing defense, offense, triangulating with co-workers and family members to keep the things moving with forward momentum and with as little conflict as possible, right? By the time you finish up all this life-playing, you’ll probably have enough time to catch a syndicated Seinfeld episode before falling asleep.
Wrong. You still have time for this s’mores bar recipe, which is super easy and pretty much fail-proof. The only difficulty comes with the wait period in which the chocolate needs to set.
Oh, and Cocoa Pebbles is my secret ingredient to keep the chocolate portion from being too rich and give it a textural contrast.
- 2 cups graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter melted.
- 16 oz of dark chocolate (65% cacao), melted
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 cups of Cocoa Pebbles
- 4 cups mini marshmallows, divided use
- Place graham crackers, sugar and melted butter in a bowl and mix to blend. Firmly press mixture into the bottom of an 11×13 pan and bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees F. Set aside to cool.
- Melt chocolate with milk in a pan over medium low heat and whisk to combine. Transfer mixture to a new bowl and set aside for 10 minutes to cool (transferring the mixture to a new bowl will help to cool it faster).
- Add cocoa pebbles and 2 cups of marshmallows to cooled chocolate mixture and mix to combine. Pour mixture over crust. Pour remaining 2 cups mini marshmallows on top and place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to toast tops of marshmallow layer. Transfer completed dessert to fridge and chill for at least 2-3 hours or overnight.
A few notes:
- You can of course skip the cocoa pebbles. But we liked the extra crisp in the chocolate bite.
- Keep a careful eye when toasting the marshmallow portion in the broiler, as the 2-3 minutes can fluctuate depending on your broiler set up. We recommend you check it after the first minute.
- For nice clean slices, wash or wipe knife off between cuts.