Gansie Fever is Spreading
TVFF has been hit. Bon Appetit has been hit. And yes, BS has been hit (sorry, mom). 2009 is officially the year of egg yolk on everything. This breakfast-for-dinner dish was inspired by the “best breakfast ever” shot in our girl El’s Morrocan food porn photos. Admittedly, my hastily-invented creation looks a little less profess than that one, but it is runny, eggy, deliciousness neveretheless. Here’s what I did:
Ham, Egg and Cheese in the Hole
– Cut a piece of round flatbread in half.
– Place the half-moon pieces on top of each other; cut a hole into the middle of both pieces.
– Layer thinly-sliced mozzarella cheese and ham on top of one piece of bread and place the other piece on top.
– Grease a pan, heat, and throw your ham-and-cheese ‘wich in there.
– Break an egg into the hole. Cook for two minutes, flip, cook for two more minutes. Salt, pepper, and slice the egg so it stops cooking.
Eat with a knife and fork, or with your hands if you’re willing to get yolk all up and over you.