TVFF has been hit. Bon Appetit has been hit. And yes, BS has been hit (sorry, mom). 2009 is officially the year of egg yolk on everything. This breakfast-for-dinner dish was inspired by the “best breakfast ever” shot in our girl El’s Morrocan food porn photos. Admittedly, my hastily-invented creation looks a little less profess than that one, but it is runny, eggy, deliciousness neveretheless. Here’s what I did:
Ham, Egg and Cheese in the Hole
- Cut a piece of round flatbread in half.
- Place the half-moon pieces on top of each other; cut a hole into the middle of both pieces.
- Layer thinly-sliced mozzarella cheese and ham on top of one piece of bread and place the other piece on top.
- Grease a pan, heat, and throw your ham-and-cheese ‘wich in there.
- Break an egg into the hole. Cook for two minutes, flip, cook for two more minutes. Salt, pepper, and slice the egg so it stops cooking.
Eat with a knife and fork, or with your hands if you’re willing to get yolk all up and over you.