Endless Halloween: Slurp Some Seriously Spooky Spaghetti
YESSSSS. It’s almost time to start seriously thinking about Halloween cooking. There’s nothing better than horrifying food that actually tastes wonderful, right? And Halloween is the perfect excuse to pull it off. This one’s for all you cavemen. I normally wouldn’t be one to sub out my glourious gluten-y pasta for protein-rish versions, but October is the perfect time to start experimenting with black bean pasta. The awesomely atrocious dish pictured above uses Explore Cuisine’s spaghetti, which is made from just black beans and only black beans.
Black Bean Spaghetti with AFRAID-O Sauce and White Carrot Phalanges
White Carrot Phalanges
Peel 8 white carrots then carve with small knife into finger-bone shape. Steam until al dente. Set aside.
Black Bean Spaghetti with AFRAID-O Sauce
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Black Bean Spaghetti – cooked, drained
- 1 jar of alfredo sauce (can choose gluten-free)
- 1 jar of marinara sauce (choose one that is more blood red in color, rather than orange)
- fresh basil
- Heat the sauces in separate saucepans over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Place warm Explore Cuisine black bean spaghetti in the center of four serving plates.
- Ladle alfredo sauce over the center of the spaghetti.
- Arrange carrot phalanges over the sauce.
- Splatter marinara sauce over the entire dish, in a gruesome manner.
- Garnish with basil.