Every Day is Pie Day
I know Easter is just around the corner, but I hope it’s not too late to share this recipe that came in earlier in the month for Pi Day — aka the dorkiest holiday since Festivus.
Pi Day, March 14, celebrates the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter, 3.14 – and those of us who love dessert as much as we love diameters tradionally celebrate with pie. Well, in my book it’s never too late to celebrate with pie.
Viki Sater, founder of Viki’s Granola, whipped up this function-over-form crustless pie, perfect for your Easter, Passover, Pi Day or just any-day-of-the-week stuffing your piehole festivities.
Viki’s Granola Mixed Berry Crisp
• ¾ cups all-purpose flour
• ½ cup (packed) light brown sugar
• 1 cup Viki’s blueberry almond granola
• 1 stick unsalted butter
• 4 cups frozen mixed berries (don’t thaw)
• 1/3 cup of sugar
• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• Preheat oven to 375oF.
• Lightly butter oven safe ceramic bowl.
• Place topping ingredients into a bowl, working the butter into the granola mixture. Once complete, set aside.
• Place filling ingredients into a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
• Pour the berry mixture into the buttered ceramic bowl.
• Pour granola mixture evenly on top of the berries.
• Bake for 40 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the fruit juices are bubbling.
• Let it rest for 15 minutes before serving.