Hummus is on my mind lately, everyone. I just thought you should know that. It is so awesome, and it has been making daily appearances in my life. I need a few moments to express my feelings for this super awesome food. So bear with me as I get a little sentimental.
Oh, hummus. I have nothing but love for you.
Shall I count the ways?
1. You are super versatile and can go on almost everything, from veggies to sandwiches or even used as a salad dressing.
2. You are full of protein and make my tummy happy.
3. There are so many flavor combinations to incorporate into you.
4. You are made from a legume called either chickpeas or garbanzo beans, which are both on my top ten list of fun words to say out loud.
5. Oh, I could go on forever, hummus. But I’m hungry. So I’m just gonna get to it.
Here’s a twofer recipe that starts with my secret to making perfect hummus: rosemary-infused olive oil:
Chunky Rosemary-Infused Hummus
1 can chickpeas (or garbanzo beans)
1-2 tbsp rosemary-infused olive oil (see recipe below)
1-2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp tahini
Sea salt to taste
Liquid reserved from chickpeas.
Blend all this up in your food processor until it reaches the desired texture (we like ours a little chunky).
Drizzle with more olive oil and top with rosemary sprig for presentation.
Proceed to shove it in your face with copious amounts of pita chips, veggies, etc…
Rosemary Infused Olive Oil
Fill a small container with olive oil, throw in some fresh rosemary and infuse overnight (covered, at room temperature).
I made a colorful veggie tray for my family to enjoy.