Endless Poptails: Bloody Mary Popsicles
Thanks to last week’s commenter, Angela, whose request for a Bloody Mary reminded us that being in cruise control sucks. With that, we decided that, hell yeah—let’s interrupt the summer sweet series with a savory Bloody Mary Poptail.
To start things off, we used heirloom tomatoes, because well, that’s what is in our backyard right now.If you don’t have any in season where you are, regular tomatoes will work just as well. Or for complete ease of mixing, skip the fresh tomatoes for some tomato juice and adjust the flavor accordingly. Whatever you use for the body, don’t forget the chili powder.
We guarantee you that this chili powder infused Bloody Mary on a stick will be a summer addiction to remember.
Bloody Mary Popsicles
- 1 ½ lbs tomatoes (about six 2 ½ inch diameter in size)
- 1 celery stalk
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon of chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup vodka
1. Place all ingredients except the vodka in a food processor or a blender and process until everything is pureed. Pass mixture through a medium strainer and then return strained mixture to blender or food processor. Add vodka and process for another 20-30 seconds to blend well. Pour mixture into popsicles mold.
2. Freeze for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright. Insert popsicle sticks and finish freezing popsicles overnight. To release popsicles run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for a 2-3 seconds.
Find a ton more alcoholic popsicle recipes in Endless Poptails.