Cheflebrity Smörgåsbord: Matilda Cuomo…My New Hero!
The latest and greatest news about celebrity chefs, served up buffet style.
– Presented without comment, a quote from Matilda Cuomo on the fact that her son’s girlfriend, Sandra Lee, makes lasagna with cottage cheese and canned tomato soup: “I don’t know that that’s true. You know, maybe she puts cottage cheese because he doesn’t want to put on weight. He’s watching his diet. But that’s not the way you make lasagna.”
– Rachael Ray is the latest celeb on the “our kids are too fat” bandwagon. I don’t know what they’re talking about. Mom packed me a lard sandwich every day and I turned out just fine. (He said, as he reached for his home defibrillator.)
After the jump…wall-to-wall Top Chef.
– Am I wrong in thinking that going out drinking with Tom and Gail would be an absolute frigging blast? This appearance by the two in Aspen doesn’t do anything to dampen my enthusiasm that I might have found some new drinking buddies.
– Meanwhile, Tom has some thoughts on why Toby Young’s lack of in-depth food knowledge made him a bad fit for the show. And yet, Padma is still around…….
– I don’t know how you’ve been enjoying it, but I’ve been “whelmed” (not overwhelmed, not underwhelmed) by this season, and it looks like even the locals aren’t blow away.
Whatever reporter thought to ask Matilda Cuomo about Sandy’s cottage cheese lasagna is an absolute genius.