Didn’t we tell you that breakfast is the best meal of the day? Well if you didn’t believe us, maybe you will now. Adapted from Cooking Light, this combination of funnel cake and pancake will satisfy anyone’s hunger. Bonus – it’s healthy! We filled ours with fruit. But think of the possible fillings: nutella, chocolate, homemade whipped cream, cream cheese icing, peanut butter, put chocolate chips in the batter…need I say more? Here ya go:
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 10 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 2 1/2 tbsp butter (melted and divided)
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- Place 8″ or 10″ cast iron skillet in oven while pre-heating to 450 degrees
- Combine all ingredients with only 1 tbsp of butter
- Whisk for 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet when he is pre-heated and coat with cooking spray.
- Swirl the rest of the butter on pan and add the batter to the pan
- Cook for 20 minutes in a 10″ pan and 25 minutes in an 8″ pan
Fill with your favorite filling and enjoy!