Cheflebrity Smörgåsbord: Admit It, Jamie, You Think We’re All Fat Rubes
The latest and greatest news about celebrity chefs, served up buffet style.
– The first episode of Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution featured his efforts to help the good people of West Virginia overcome their unhealthy eating habits. While commendable, the best part is clearly the uncomfortable confrontation between Jamie and the lunch ladies.
– Gordo’s lesson at the L.A. Marathon: the ability to berate trainees and turn out a beautiful sole meunière is no match for a severe muscle cramp.
After the jump…the unfortunately byproduct of having a shitty rocker as a husband, ES.com cements its reputation as “sorely under-appreciated,” and Foursquare gets personal.
– Rachael Ray threw a party/concert at SXSW that featured performances by Jakob Dylan, Andrew W. K. and She & Him. Also, her husband’s band, The Cringe, apparently lived up to their name, if the audience’s reaction is any indication.
– The James Beard Award nominations are out. I’m certain that NEXT year will be the one that ES.com finally snags the “best food blog” nom. Or at least the “food blog with the most gratuitous cursing” nom.
– In “ultra-local celebrity” news: Due to an unfortunate and possibly illegal coup, I regret to inform you that I am no longer the Mayor of Wegman’s Food Markets in Princeton, New Jersey. If anyone knows or sees “John C.,” let me know — we’ve got a score to settle.