Stuff the Bus: Food Drive Takes Over DC
Hey there. Quick service announcement.
For those of you in the DMV, Venga is teaming with DC Central Kitchen for a two-week city-wide food and donation drive. I’ll be helping “Stuff the Bus” tomorrow at the weekly food truck convention known as Farragut Fridays.
Come out to help support the city’s hungry by donating canned or boxed goods (acceptable goods list) or giving plain old money (onsite or online) while you wait in line for your food truck-sponsored lunch. If you can’t make it tomorrow, check out the full Stuff the Bus schedule, which runs all next week.
What: Stuff the Bus Food Drive
When: Friday, September 23 from 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Where: Farragut Square, between I St, NW and K St, NW and Connecticut Ave, NW and 17th St, NW
Bring: Non-Perishable Goods or Money* (Cash, Credit Card, Check)
*And if giving to a good cause won’t provide you with enough warm and fuzzies, read more to check out the discounts you’ll recive for donating.
- Graffiato: Off-menu item: zeppoles (Only 15 made each night- they disappear quickly)
- Clyde’s: Donate $10 or more and get a complimentary appetizer, any wine by the glass, or any beer selection, redeemable at Clyde’s of Georgetown through Oct. 2
- The Front Page: 20% off entire check
- Casa Nonna: Free quartino of Sicilian wine or Sicilian lemonade
- Northside Social (Thursday’s (tonight) stop): Free coffee when you donate $10 or more, free glass of wine when you donate $20 or more
- Policy: 10% off entire check, valid through Oct. 2