We’re happy to debut a new feature here on Endless Simmer. The Cheflebrity Smörgåsbord will give you a quick look at the assorted gossip, news and general hubbub in the world of celebrity chefs, food television and culinary entertainment. You can think of this as the Extra or Daily Ten of our usual content. While it may not be our most in-depth and cerebral commentary, I can guarantee you that there will be absolutely no Debbie Matenopoulos.
– CELEBRITY FEUD!?!?! Well, maybe not, but foodie fave Grant Achatz took a swipe at Top Chef’s Tom Colicchio’s Diet Coke commercial. And he did it via Twitter! How very high-tech.
– Speaking of Top Chef, you can get a close-up look at one of the cheftestants as the Top Chef Tour comes to your neck of the woods. Score some tickets and you get to meet the chef, sample some food and take come pics. For a description of Spike (and his hat) with photos from last year’s tour, check out the write up from the charming and good looking blogger who ran TVFoodFan.com
– The new Yankee Stadium, set to open this spring, announced a huge selection of food choices that will feature selections from a number of high-profile NYC personalities including Iron Chef’s Masaharu Morimoto. There is no truth to the rumor that the large amount of food available at the ballpark is the result of a clause in C.C. Sabathia’s contract.
James Beard snubs ES again, and the Food Network keeps trying, after the jump…
– Nominees for this year’s James Beard Awards are out. Many of the usual suspects (Batali, Colicchio, every guest judge from Top Chef). Lidia got a nom for Lidia’s Italy in the television category. Endless Simmer will try again next year in the web division.
– Food Network will be premiering 5 Ingredient Fix, a new show for the busy/lazy home cook that features recipes that include…well, do I really need to explain? I’m all for easy dinners, but do we need to go simpler than 30-Minute Meals? Debuting in June: 5 Taco Bell Value Menu Item Fix.
I’ve been reading along for a while now. I just wanted to drop you a comment to say keep up the good work.
equally pissed about the new food network show. i’d rather see someone really good at cooking show me how to make really good food. it’s much more entertaining.
i also think i should be on the food network and explain how to cook in a college apartment kitchen that is 2 feet wide and has appliances from 1980 that have mysterious lights and smell like death when turned on.
totally better than 5 ingredients.
What?I? How could the Beard Foundation possibly overlook the creators of Friday Fuck Ups?