Mushroom Mania : Oyster-Shitake Alfredo
Do you smell that? Yup…mushrooms again. We just can’t get enough! Still working on the large box of shitake and oyster mushrooms, the wife and I were faced with a decision: how do we finish all of these?! We already did flatbread and stroganoff, but wait – I married an Italian…PASTA! Done and done. While any mushrooms will do, I will say that the shitake and oyster mushrooms provided a distinct taste that went really with a cream sauce. Anyway, get out your favorite pasta and have at it, hoss!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 5 chopped sage leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream (light cream, even whole milk will work)
- 1 minced shallot
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Shitake and oyster mushrooms to your liking (the more the better!)
- Green peas (frozen will do)
- 1 tbsp flour
- Box of your favorite pasta (something that won’t let go of the creamy sauce)
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook the pasta.
- Melt the butter and add shallots, garlic and sage. Sautee for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the flour and mix in with the veggies for 2-3 minutes while still cooking.
- Throw in the shrooms!! Season with salt and pepper.
- Slowly add your cream or milk and bring to a boil, stirring until thick.
- Dump in the parm cheese and mix it up.
- Add pasta to the creamy goodness, mix, and serve it up with a crusty piece of bread.