In an effort to bring some class and sophistication to Endless Simmer (it is possible) I decided to host a High Tea for some of our DC food friends. High Tea is somewhat of an institution in my homeland of Britannia, but here in DC there are some pretty excellent high teas, and apparently it’s going a little underground over in London. My good friend Lucy who lives in London is well versed in organizing tea parties, so I hit her up for some tips on throwing one. Lucy says there are six rules to high tea:
- Begin with a glass of Champagne.
- Tea should be poured from a proper teapot into china tea cups sitting on saucers.
- A selection of finger sandwiches, crusts removed, such as egg & ‘cress and cucumber are a must.
- Serve freshly baked scones with preserve and clotted cream.
- Serve a selection of other cakes such as cupcakes, brownies or fondant fancies.
- Present food on a two tiered cake stand, preferably vintage.
Well…keep reading for my interpretation.Read More›