SIX Layer Cookie S’mores Bars
You know how we like marshmallows. And chocolate. And peanut butter. And sweets. Well, ML invited the fiance and I to a dinner party and requested that we provide the desserts. We wanted something quick and easy, but something complicated that will make you go “whoa.” The interwebs weren’t giving me a “whoa” AND quick and easy. Onward to the cookbook library and I found this recipe in Peanut Butter Comfort.
Thank goodness I own a cookbook dedicated entirely to peanut butter. Really. It came down to three recipes in the book, and believe it or not, this one was the easiest. It paid off. Once the oozing marshmallow-stuffed, graham cracker-wedged, chocolate bar and cookie sandwich came out of the oven, the fiance and I just stared, smelling it and salivating at the finished product.
I started wondering which was was best to serve it. Hot or cold? Do I want gooey marshmallow and chocolate to end up in my man beard for later enjoyment? Or do I want to enjoy the crunch of the hershey bar in the middle of the cookie, surrounded by peanut butter and marshmallow? If hot—a la mode? Is ice cream necessary on top? Or is it going to be just as good without? We went with serving warm. The verdict: dog ear that son of a bitch, because we’re doing this again. It’s settled.
Peanut Butter Comfort’s Six Layer Peanut Butter S’mores
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You’ll need an 8 x 8 baking pan
- Two flat packages of break-apart refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- Six pack of Hershey Bars
- 1 cup of Peanut Butter
- 1 Jar of Marshmallow Fluff (a small jar will suffice)
- Graham Cracker crumbs
1) Spray pan with cooking spray and spread 1 1/4 of the two packages of cookie dough on the bottom.
2) Place chocolate bars on the cookie dough, covering the dough with one layer of chocolate bars.
3) Spread Peanut Butter of the chocolate bars.
4) Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over the peanut butter.
5) DROP spoonfulls of marshmallow fluff over the graham crackers sporatically. Then spread fluff with knife.
6) Take remaining cookie dough and roll out to a 8×8 square. Lay square over the finely layered ladder of cookies, chocolate, peanut butter, graham cracker, and marshmallow. Bake for 21-25 minutes.
7) Let cool for two hours. You’re then supposed to put in the fridge for another two. We only let cool for two hours. We wanted some gooey mess.