Make Way for Fluffertella
Can someone who is allergic to peanut butter really make a good peanut butter anything besides a quick smear between some jelly and bread? Unless my friends and family are all liars, the answer is yes.
I have to rely on them as my taste testers when it comes to peanut butter treats. The last one I made was a Fluffernutter (marshmallows, Reese’s peanut butter cups, chocolate chips and Nutter Butter cookies). Although well received by the majority, it did receive feedback from two people that it was too “peanut buttery.” To correct that, this time I decided to try cutting the strong peanut butter flavor with some Nutella. It worked. The Nutella comes through strong enough to taste, but not so much that it overwhelms the peanut butter. As it turns out my friends actually preferred the Fluffertella Bars over the Fluffernutter Bars.
So if anyone gives this a go, do come back let me know if my friends are lying to me.
Makes 8×8 pan | Preparation: Line pan with a foil sling and cover with bake spray.
- 10 Nutter Butter sandwich cookies, chopped
- 10 Reese’s cups (regular size), chopped
- 3 cups mini marshmallows, divided use
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 4 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
- Place chopped Nutter Butter sandwich cookies, Reese’s Peanut Butter cups and 1 ¼ cups of mini marshmallows in a bowl and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Place remaining 1 ¾ cups of marshmallows in a pan over low heat and stir until melted. Add in butter and stir to combine. Add in semi-sweet chocolate chips and Nutella, stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Pour warm marshmallow mixture over chopped Nutter Butter and Reese’s Peanut mixture. Fold to combine and pour into prepared pan. Using an offset spatula spread top to an even finish. Chill in refrigerator for about one-half to two hours or until bars set. Once set remove from refrigerator and cut to desired size.
- To shortcut the hands-on time and avoid chopping up the regular size Reese’s cups, use mini Reese’s cups.
- The Fluffertella Bars can be prepared a day in advance and will keep for up to 2 days once made.
I’m skeptical that there can be such a thing as ‘too much peanut butter’, but in the name of research I might have to give both recipes a try 🙂 these look great!
I’ve never tried the Nutella-peanut butter combination but it does sound delicious so i’ll save the recipe for later
This looks like the tastiest fudge I have ever seen. I love all the components in it–peanut butter, nutella, marshmallows, reese’s cups. Divine!
nothing goes wrong with a little bit of nutella! 🙂
Made this recipe yesterday and there’s none left today! Absolutely delicious! Even the picky dessert eater said it was good!