Cheflebrity Smörgåsbord: Susie Fogelson Needs a Virtual Heimlich
The latest and greatest news about celebrity chefs, served up buffet style.
– The new Food Network Wii game, Cook or Be Cooked!, will make you a world-class chef in the same way that Wii Sports has turned you into a professional athlete. Remember: video bowling ain’t exercise, chubby.
– Salman Rushdie is reportedly still obsessed with Padma Lakshmi. That’s a stunning lack of willingness to “live in the moment” displayed by someone who was wanted dead my millions of people.
After the jump: A murder in the publishing business, Bobby Flay is moving on up and a celeb chef shows us that it’s never too late.
– Did Food Network’s new magazine kill Bon Appétit? <insert dramatic sound-effect>
– Bobby Flay and his wife Stephanie March are building a home on a nearly three-acre parcel of land in the Long Island town of Amagansett, which is apparently Algonquian for “land of the rich chef and actress.
– Celebrity Chef Curtis Aikens couldn’t read until he was 26 years old and now works to promote the cause of adult literacy programs. I have no snarky comment about this…how cynical do you think I am!?
i will puke on food network magazine
We lost he likes of Gourmet and the potential downsizing of Bon Appetit for the likes of FN Magazine- Food Magazine for Dummies.
Seriously, I bought it once on a flight, if I could have opened my window I would have thrown it to the birds, even they would have scoffed at it.