Cheflebrity Smörgåsbord: Everyone Picks on Guy
The latest and greatest news about celebrity chefs, served up buffet style.
– David Chang and Anthony Bourdain, on the rampage. In their sights: cupcakes and Guy Fieri.
– And if the verbal bitch-slap wasn’t enough, poor Guy gets the SNL treatment (fairly well done by Bobby Moynihan), only to be picked clean by ravenous birds.
After the jump: As much Steingarten as you can handle, hot food/cold feet and real, honest to goodness cooking on your television.
– Now that the excruciating current season of Hell’s Kitchen has been put out of its misery (like a chef’s knife to the lobster’s brain), get all caught up on Next Iron Chef with full episodes available online from Fancast.
– Todd English does the “Here comes the groom, there goes the groom” routine.
– Scripps — the folks who run Food Network — will be switching Fine Living’s name and format next year, becoming the Cooking Channel. If Sandra Lee’s face shows up on that network, I’m filing a class action lawsuit.
That SNL skit made me cringe. They kept saying “Fieti” for his last name. Whoever wrote the queue cards should be fired. I don’t mind the guy-bashing, but for network tv, the least they could do was get his name right!
That’s TOTALLY how he pronounces it! Although I’ve always thought it was a little more “Fiedi.” They pronounced the “R” during the Next Food Network Star, but they completely Italianed it up when he got his own show. It’s not Giada-level overpronunciation, but it’s up there.
ok.. now that you say “Fiedi” I know what you mean… I guess I don’t watch enough Guy to really know what I’m talking about!
i am way excited for this new food channel. i’m hoping its more public television style than food network, though.