Why Do You Build Me Up, Butternut?
This is a dish I made for Thanksgiving. Seeing as how Thanksgiving is over, let’s just call it a fall dish.
– Get one acorn and one butternut squash – peel and dice both of them.
– Toss them in a glass pyrex dish with salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary. Add plenty of olive oil.
– Pop it in the oven at 350 for 1/2 an hour.
– Dice three portobello mushrooms and add these to the mix, with some more olive oil. (I didn’t add the ‘shrooms in the beginning since they don’t cook as quickly)
-Return this to the oven for another 1/2 hour or so. If the squash isn’t soft yet, keep it cooking.
-Meanwhile, spread a cup or so of chopped walnuts on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and nutmeg. Then toast these in the oven for about 10 minutes.
– Toss the walnuts with the squash, and add half a cup or so of crumbled feta.
Pretty straightforward and delicious. This guy liked it, anyway.
Just kidding. He chose the gerber squash. What a food snob.
and no pine nuts?
haha I thought about it, but went with the walnuts, since every other dish i made for thanksgiving had pine nuts in it
OMG the baby is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen! BS is that what you looked like as a baby!
actually – almost exactly