You’ve probably seen the Ramen Burger floating around the Internet. If you’ve been coveting this ridic trend like we have, we’ve got a treat for you! The good folks at Annie Chun’s did the hard part and perfected the recipe for the ramen “bun” using their own products—follow their instructions and grab your favorite burger patty, and you can enjoy this crazy creation in the privacy of your own home, which is probably for the best.
Homemade Ramen Burger Bun!
Ingredients (for bun only):
Annie Chun’s Ramen House, any flavor
1 egg (or egg white substitute)
1. In a sauce pan, bring 1.5 cups of water to a rolling boil. Cook noodles for 1 minute, then remove from heat and drain noodles.
2. In a small bowl, whisk one egg. Add cooked ramen and stir until ramen in thoroughly coated in raw egg.
3. Divide eggy ramen into two portions, and place each half into ramekins or other patty-shaped containers.
4. Cover the ramen with plastic wrap and weigh it down with a can of soup to compress into bun shape. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or more.
5. Carefully remove ramen “buns” from ramekins and cook over medium-high heat until the patties are dark golden brown on both sides.
Place a cooked burger patty of your choice between two buns and enjoy!