Time to celebrate back-to-school season with some kid-friendly, no-bake goodness. But since we couldn’t keep our busy hands alone with the just the classic Rice Krispie treats, we threw a few extra add-ins for a scaled-up version.
Don’t worry — we didn’t get too complicated. What we did do was add was some peanut butter and chocolate, plus some bananas to cut through the richness, and because three is never a crowd when it comes to those flavors.
So yeah, sit back, have a few bites, and go ahead — wipe your mouth on your sleeve.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Rice Krispie Squares
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 banana (2.5 oz, approximately ½ of 1 large size one)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cup mini marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ banana (2.5 oz, approximately ½ of 1 large size one)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- To make base: Place marshmallows, butter, banana, peanut butter and chocolate chips in a non-stick pan and melt over low heat. Stir to combine. Quickly add marshmallows and Rice Krispies and stir to combine. Press mixture into an 11 x 13 pan. Set aside.
- To make topping: Place marshmallows, butter, banana and peanut butter in a non-stick pan and melt over low heat. Stir to combine. Pour topping over Rice Krispie mixture. Melt chocolate and pour small dots of it throughout the topping. Using a knife gently pull it through the chocolate dots to create a swirl pattern. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours fo the topping to set.