We might be breaking some sake sipping code here by freezing it. But, you’ve come with us this far into the series, why not continue down the rabbit hole where fantasies of Poptails freeze to reality.
This week we are getting cool and cozy with sake, some Lychees, a little bit of honeydew (to give the poptails more body for the sake to soak into) and a few raspberries for a garnishing finish. Wait a few hours and the pay off is there on stick. Enjoy!
Lychee Saketini Poptail
· 1 ½ cup limeade
· ¾ cup sake
· 16oz lychee, peeled and seeded (approximately 20-22 regular size lychees)
· 8 oz honeydew, pureed (approximately ¼ of a regular size honeydew)
· Optional: Raspberries to garnish
1. Place limeade, sake, lychee and honeydew in a food processor or blender and process or blend until pureed, about 1-2 minutes. Pour mixture through a medium strainer.
2. Pour strained mixture into popsicle forms —add raspberries now if you are garnishing the popsicles—and freeze for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright.
3. Insert popsicle sticks and finish freezing popsicles overnight.
4. To release popsicles run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for a 2-3 seconds.